Apocalyptica
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules

Go down

Rules Empty Rules

Post by NeroFirst Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:55 am

Posting Quality: All posts need to be in sentence format.

Use the best grammar you have available to you: Make a conscious effort to speak in a proper manner, and to spell correctly. It doesn't need to be perfect, but capitalize letters when needed, use punctuation, and avoid chatspeak.
Tip: If you have a character that doesn’t speak English and you want to make that clear in your post, that’s fine. Just be sure to leave notes on what s/he is saying, so we can respond properly.

No Powerplaying: Characters, NPCs, and the like will and must never be controlled without prior permission to their original controllers. This is called Powerplaying.

Modding: Modding in RPing is when a player takes an action (usually an attack, but not necessarily restricted to those) against an NPC or player character, without giving them a chance to react. An example of modding would be:
“I fire my gun and blow up the alien’s head!!”
As you can see, the alien had no chance to react to being shot at. In contrast to something like…
“I take my gun and aim it at the alien’s head, pulling the trigger.”

Godmodding: no godlike, invincible, or overpowered characters. Try and keep things within reasonable boundaries of the RP and your character at all times. Otherwise, what’s the fun? Some examples of godmodding may be:
Unlimited doges: You dodge attacks all the time, which annoys other users because they can obviously never hit.
·Know it all nature: Basically, you seem to know everything like you’re an expert on it, even if it’s your character’s first time hearing about it. This can also include asking questions about things you shouldn’t know about, or guessing a lot of things and getting it all correct.
The All-Seeing Eye: This can also be rather annoying. This is when your character knows everything that is going on in the world, like you’re god, or taking an Omniscient view on everything. It can also have tied with teleporting, like if an event interests you even though your character should know nothing about it, but you go over there anyways despite not having a reason to. If you don’t have a reason to move your characters over somewhere they’ve no reason to be in, don’t do it. If you want to go to a certain location that badly, again, talk with the GM and check to see if you’re given the OK (seeing smoke in the air somewhere, hearing a closeby explosion, etc)

Post content should stay PG-13 or below: Violence and cursing amongst characters and the like is expectable here, and of course there will always be the ever-classic tavern scene, and because I like promoting freedom and creativity I’m pretty lax on this one. But this is still a policy that will be enforced. And especially
avoid sexual content; implied or no, if a mod can interpret what you are saying without putting much thought into it, you’ll hear from one of us. Depending on the severity of the offense, you may be banned. If you think that the content of your RP may disturb the younger audience, include a warning saying so and why. Let’s try to keep this place safe for work. No sex scenes, no foreplay, no sexual or activities similar to sex. This also includes references to rape. What I mean by this is that no roleplayers can type up and include in a post activity that can b implied as sexual. If you want yours and another character to end up ina relationship then any "intimate moments" must be fade to black.
NeroFirst
NeroFirst
Admin
Admin

https://meinfinity.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum